(9/2/2013, West Orange County) Hope you and your family had an excellent Labor Day Weekend. Because of today’s holiday, trash pickup in almost all West Orange County communities will be delayed one day this week. I know that’s the case in the towns served by Consolidated (Cypress & Los Alamitos)
In Los Alamitos, however, if I’m not mistaken, the Household Hazardous Waste pickup will still be on Wednesday, which means you should call 562 347-4000 Tuesday morning if you have any hazardous materials you want picked up.
Los Al residents are already paying for this service, whether they use it or not, so why not take advantage of it to easily keep paint, florescent bulbs, pesticides batteries and other hazardous waste out of landfills and our drinking water?
Mark your September, 2013 calendar:
- Wed., September 4: Los Alamitos Parks & Rec Comm, 7 pm,City Hall
- Monday., 9/9: Los Alamitos Planning Commission, 7 pm
- Monday, 9/9: Cypress CityCouncil, workshop TBA, plus 7 pm
- Tuesday, 9/10: Los Alamitos Unified School Distsric Board of Education Meeting, School District Headquarters, 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, 9/11, (Patriot Day) Los Al Traffic Commission, 7 pm
- Friday, 9/13, Los Al City Hall Closed
- Monday, 9/16, Regular Los Al City Council Meeting, 6 pm
- Monday, 9/23, Cypress City Council Meeting, workshop TBA; 7pm–regular
- Tuesday, 9/24, Los Al USD Board Meeting, 6:30 pm
- Friday, 9/27, Los Al City Hall closed
Tell us what’s missing, including your events, in a comment, & we’ll add them to the calendar. Feel free to give as much detail as you want in your comment.