(8/19/2013, Los Alamitos) Tonight’s Regular City Council Meeting starts at 6, as usual, but with six different presentations scheduled it looks like Oral Communication won’t begin until 6:30 or later. (Click here for the agenda, with links to the agenda reports.) (Click here for our report on the traffic component of the meeting. “How many stop signs does Apartment Row need?)
In any case, whether you attend in person or watch it live or delayed on Los Al TV3, there’s lots going on, & lots for you to report and comment on, which is why we put up this post every month. It looks like this meeting will only have four of our Council Members present; I believe Council Member Edgar is out of town.
The presentations get increasingly interesting (& lengthy?) as they progress:
- A. Presentation of Retirement Plaque to Lieutenant Colonel Mayhue in Appreciation of Service to the City at the Joint Forces Training Base
- B. Presentation of Retirement Plaque to Carlos Barajas in Appreciation of 37 Years of Dedicated Service to the City of Los Alamitos
- C. Presentation of Certificates in Recognition of Trend Offset Printing Expansion and the Partnership with Southern California Edison
- D. Presentation by Jonathan Wilby and Rhonda Haynes, Orange County Fire Authority (OCFA) Representatives, Regarding OCFA Workers Compensation
- E. Presentation by Major Jeff Sibley, Airfield Manager, Regarding Los Alamitos Army Airfield – Air Traffic Patterns and Noise Abatement Flight Procedures
- F. Presentation by Joe Williams, Terry Patton, and Lynn Peterson of WiFi Wireless, Inc., Regarding Potential Opportunity for Citywide WiFi
Please use the comment space below to report and or comment on any items of interest, and, yes, you can do so using your mobile device.