(3/21/13 Update: On again, off again, now it’s nothing until April. Details in comment # 5 below.
(3/7/2013, Los Alamitos, CA) (updated 3/13) Update: Maybe it was Pope Francis’ first miracle: The U.S. Bank on Katella apparently got their parking lot construction under control sooner than expected!
So, contrary to prior reports, we can expect the following food trucks from 5:30 – 8:30 Thursday night, 3/14/2013:
- Fresh Fries
- Taco Maria
- Rancho A Go Go
There’s lots more going on around town this month from that Open House 3/19 for a planned trucking complex on Katella to a Traffic Commission Meeting tonight to several interesting changes (including 2 food trucks!) to the annual Spring Carnival & [formerly "Easter. . .] Egg Hunt at Cottonwood Park on Saturday, March 30th. Check it out:
- Tonight, 3/13/2012, Traffic Commission, 7 pm to work on traffic related Capital Improvements Projects for the next ten years among other things.
- Thursday, 3/14: Food Trucks return to St. Izzy’s & US Bank despite construction of solar panels in the Bank’s parking lot.
- Los Alamitos City Hall closed on Friday, 3/15 and 3/29
- Sunday, 3/17: Happy St. Paddy’s Day! Join local author, historian, (& celebrity?) Larry Strawther at 3 p.m. Los Al history talk & book signing at the Los Al-Rossmoor Library Call (562) 430-1048 to reserve a seat.
- Monday, 3/18: Los Alamitos City Council Meeting 6 pm .
- Tuesday, 3/19: Cypress Prologis Trucking Terminal Project will hold an open house from 7:30 – 9:30 pm at the Former Cypress Golf Course Clubhouse, 4921 Katella (on your left behind 24 hour fitness center as you head north at the Race Track’s main entrance) to discuss the project. Just what Katella needs: more truck traffic? You won’t want to miss what I expect to be a full court PR Press.
- Wed., 3/20: Cable Television Commission Meeting (Student Commissioner still needed, minimum age 16)
- Thursday, 3/21: Food Trucks return, hopefully (stay tuned)
- Monday, 3/25, Joint Commission Meeting to continue discussion on the General Plan, 6-8 pm.
- Wednesday, 3/27 OC Sanitation District Public Hearing on proposed rate increases. 6:30 p.m. in the OCSD Board Room, 10844 Ellis Avenue, Fountain Valley, California. You may protest the proposed rate changes at the public hearing or you may file a written protest by sending a letter to OCSD, 10844 Ellis Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA 92708 or an email to email@example.com. A valid protest letter or email must include your name, your property’s parcel number (from your tax bill or click here) and a statement of protest.
- Thursday, 3/28: Food Trucks?
- Friday, 3/29: Time to call Consolidated at 562-347-2100 to schedule April 3rd monthly free Hazardous Waste pickup for Los Alamitos residents & businesses.
- Friday, 3/29, Good Friday
- Saturday, 3/30, Spring Carnival at Little Cottonwood Park, with the Flip Truck & Pulp Fusion available for purchase. (scroll down for details)
- Sunday, 3/31, Easter Sunday
- Monday, 4/1 April Fools! What (if anything) will we post? What comment might you post? You have been warned! Will you remember? Will I?
- February 22, 2014. Save The Date, start training. Race on the Base 2014. (added by request via reader comment below).
That’s what I’ve got so far, but this is your community calendar, where you can post in a comment events that might interest our community, as well as your diplomatically stated perspective on some of the issues that will be coming up this month.