(1/2/2013, Los Alamitos by Dave Emerson) Time for our monthly calendar & bulletin board. I’ve got a couple of things that are time urgent that I’ll get up now, with more to be added in the next day or two.
In the meantime, you can use a comment to post any upcoming event you think might be of interest to Los Alamitos or Rossmoor residents or businesses.
Here’s what we’ve got so far:
- Wednesday, January 2: No Parks , Rec, & Cultural Affairs Meeting this month.
- Thursday, January 3: Trash pickup pushed back a day due to New Years. Put your trash out Thursday night, along with your Christmas Tree, stand removed.
- Thursday, January 3: No “Picnic at the Plaza.” Los Alamitos Thursday night food trucks will return a week later on January 10. I just got this today straight from the chief honcho’s keyboard, so I’m pretty sure we got it right this time, no matter what the Patch says!
- Friday, January 4: Street Sweeper will be by, but most likely ticketing will be suspended again for the day. Hopefully the street sweeper will come after the Christmas trees are picked up. Tip: I pull any uncollected trash “cans” into our driveway apron before the street sweeper comes.
- Friday, 1/4/2013: City Hall Closed.
- Monday, 1/7/2013, 6 pm, Special Council Meeting on Management Salaries, Mayoral selection procedure & more. Broadcast live on LosAlTV3!
- Wednesday, 1/9/2013 , 7 pm, Traffic Commission
- Monday, 1/14/2013, 7 pm, Planning Commission, City Council Chambers
- Friday, 1/18/2013: City Hall Closed.
- Monday, 1/21/2013: City Hall Closed, City Council Regular Meeting moved to Tuesday?
- Friday, 2/1/2013: City Hall Closed.
- Check back for updates as the month progresses. Even better, add your own events in a comment below!