(Los Alamitos, 12/27/2012)No food trucks at St. Isidore’s tonight, and quite possibly not next Thursday either (although there’s been some controversy about that).
Don’t let the lack of trucks get you down, though! We’re still working hard to stay positive this week, so it’s all good!
Because guess what? Los Al has plenty of great places to eat in within walking distance of St. Isidore’s Plaza! [ad]
May we suggest:
- $$ Madera’s Steak & Ribs, just across the street at 3642 Katella
- $$Preveza Mediterranean Kouzina, just across the other street at 10931 Los Alamitos Blvd.
- $ Nick’s Deli II, barely across the street at 10900 Los Alamitos, behind Hoff’s (photo above). [ad]
12/20/2013 Lineup (if not cancelled, see details at the top of this post):
Important Details (for when the trucks return on 1/10/2013):
- Line-ups are subject to change.
- Time’s about 5:30 – 9:00. tables available.
- U.S. Bank parking lot on Katella just east of Los Alamitos Blvd.
- Wine & beer to benefit St. Isidore’s Historical Plaza plus picnic tables & desert trucks across the alley at St. Izzy’s.
- U.S.Bank, 10942 Pine St, Los Alamitos (click for map, directions), on north side of Katella just east of Los Alamitos Blvd.
- A short, pleasant walk from most parts of Los Al (See our “Highlands’ Guy’s” ”Walk? Walk! for some urban walking wisdom and/or motivation).
- If you don’t find anything you like at the truckfest, you’ll be within a few hundred yards of about a dozen outstanding local eateries well worth a visit from Nick’s to Preveza.
- In fact, Los Alamitos is probably the home of more outstanding independent eateries per block than any town in Orange County!
See a truck you like? Any recommendations? As always, your comments, diplomatically stated, are welcome!