July 11, 2012 in Uncategorized
(7/11/201s, Los Alamitos) The Orange County Fair’s opening this year’s five week run this Friday, 7/13/2012.
Like Orange County itself our Fair can provide lots of fun and inexpensive fun . . . or hours of expensive, hot, crowded misery.
Let’s start off with this year’s free and inexpensive admission options: [ad]
- Free admission & parking (if you can get in the lot) from noon to 1 on this Friday, Opening Day, Friday the 13th, but you’d better plan on showing up around 10:45 if you want to minimize traffic & lines.
- All military, active & vets, free admission with I.D. every day. Well deserved!
- Kids under 12 free every Thursday
- Kids under 6 free every day
- Seniors 60+ $2 on Fridays including free merry-go-round and Ferris wheel rides.
- Everyone $2 from 10 – 11 on Saturdays & Sundays. Beat the heat (somewhat), get an early start, & save some green.
- Free admission for helping those in needevery Wednesday 12 – 4 with the following donations:
- 7/18 5 non-perishable food items per person
- 7/25 1 – 3 gently used childrens books per person
- 8/1 5 gently used clothing items per person
- 8/8 school supplies (new) worth at least $5 per person
- $2 rides games, & food ”tasting” samples Fridays noon – 4
- Read & Ride for kids 5 – 11: Submit two completed book reports and get tickets for 3 free carnival rides. Click here for the form.
- Take the OCTA Fair Express on weekends (Friday – Sunday) for $1.50 and get into the Fair for just $2! Closest express station: Goldenwest Transportation Center, 7301 Center Ave., Huntington Beach, just east of Golden West College.
- Click here for all the specials, although I don’t think I missed much.
- 7/13-8/12, Wednesdays – Sundays
- Admission prices:
- Single-Day: General $11, Senior (60+) $8, Youth (6-12) $6
- Super Pass: General $35, Senior (60+) $30, Youth (6-12) $25
Children 5 and under are free every day2012 Prices – Parking (Cash Only)
Bus/Limo $14Buy Online Now (All concert & reserved seat tickets include Fair admission!)
Toyota Summer Concert Series at the Pacific Amphitheatre
The Hangar Concerts or Action Sports Arena reserved seatsAbout the 2012 OC Fair – Home Sweet Home
The annual Fair features food, animals, carnival rides & games, competitive exhibits, concerts, community entertainment & more.
- Admission $6-$11, 2 & under free, rides extra, if you buy a ticket to one of the ticketed concerts you get in free to the fair for the day.
Click here for
]If you have any tips, fair favorites, warnings, or other thoughts, please let us know through a comment.