July 9, 2012 in Uncategorized
(7/9/12, Los Alamitos) Sadly, a fine young man known by many in Los Alamitos was tragically taken from us by a traffic accident on Lampson in Garden Grove near midnight on the 4th of July.
Timothy Killian was a product of St. Hedwig School and earned his Eagle in local Boy Scout Troop 642 in 2009. He was studying culinary arts at Cal Poly Pomona.
I had the privilege of knowing Tim through Troop 642 where I served as an Assistant Scoutmaster. He personified so much of the Scout Law: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Cheerful. . . .
As the dozens of comments on Tim’s Facebook page attest, Tim will be missed by many, many friends:
- You were one of the most naturally positive people I have ever met.
- You will always be my favorite.
- I will never forget your contagious laugh Tim. You will never be forgotten because of the many lives you have touched in scouting and the O.A. alone, as well as mine.
- Of the fondest memories I have from our time at SHS was of Timothy’s compassion, kindness, but most of all, acceptance of others, a trait we don’t see very often these days.
- You were a smart student and good friend for all of us.
- Heaven just gained a big-hearted and joyful angel. Timothy Killian, pray for us!
- I’ll always remember you as the guy who was always smiling.
- I remember how sweet and genuine he was.
- Thank you for showing me that there are truly amazing people in the world who want nothing more than to make the world a better place by being a better person
Visitation (and “celebration of Tim’s life”):
5 – 8 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at All Souls Mortuary,4400 Cherry in Long Beach (562 424-8601) . Rosary at 6:30.
Funeral Mass & Burial:
The following information is taken from Tim’s Facebook page:
Funeral Mass for Timothy Joshua Andrew Killian will be held on Wednesday at 8:30 AM at St. Hedwig Catholic Church, 11482 Los Alamitos Blvd, Los Alamitos, CA 90720 Phone (562) 296-9000.
Please park next door at Good Shephard Church, as parking will be limited due to Bible Camp. (Left into Good Shepherd after the second stop light south of Katella)
A burial will follow at All Souls Cemetary in Long Beach, 4400 Cherry (562 424-8601) (Maps will be provided)
The reception, starting around noon, will follow the burial, at the house of Mrs Root.
Scouts, please come in uniform. All others please come dressed in a light hearted outfit to celebrate his life.
Tim’s brother, Paul, asks those of us who knew Tim to help spread the word:
If you knew Tim, or he touched your life, please join us in remembering him. We invite you to join his friends and family at each of these events.
Please help get this infomation out to anyone who knew Tim.
You can post a link to this post on your facebook page, twitter, or e-mail the link using the “save/share” button below.
Tim’s Tributes pages provide an opportunities to read or leave memories, stories, or photos as well as to get directions to the services or even set a reminder for the anniversary of Tim’s passing.