(12/8/2013, Cypress/Los Alamitos) Tomorrow night’s the one and only Public Hearing on the Race Track’s Conditional Use Permit to expand their track to accommodate daytime thoroughbred racing & the year-round stabling of 700 thoroughbreds being displaced by Hollywood Park’s closure.
As is all too often case, the property owner’s Environmental Study missed quite a few things. The result was their questionable conclusion that no mitigation is necessary for hundreds of increased trips the consultants anticipated. I’ve gone into detail on the problems elsewhere:
- Yesterday: What I learned from another hour with Dr. Allred
- Last Wednesday: Local Media: Is Track expansion “minor” or more?
- Previously: Traffic, the Expanded Track, EIRs, & Dr. Allred
- 11/20: Look closely at racing expansion
- 11/19: Would thoroughbred racing be good for West Orange County?
- 11/18: Concerns about the Los Al Race Track Extension
Even better, this Wednesday’s Los Alamitos Traffic Commission’s agenda is now up online, and if you scroll down four pages you’ll find the City’s own Traffic Engineers seven-fold critique of the Race Track’s Traffic Study.
Meanwhile, if you click here you’ll find Cypress’ Monday Agenda Report for the Public Hearing on the Track’s C.U.P. Scroll down to the bottom of page 4 for the Traffic and Parking section.
The bottom line: Read the rest of this entry →